Monday 7 March 2011

Man Vs Gut: What's That All About, Then?

So, here's a blog about learning to be healthier. Or, learning to build a better body, if you're feeling that way out. About trying not to be a lard-arse. Because, guys, I'm a lard-arse. But I'm about 9% less of a lard-arse than I was a couple of months back. I've been a lard-arse for about as long as 84% of the people I know can remember, so I'm having to take a pop at NOT being a lard-arse from a standing start. It's a pretty steep learning curve and it's turning out to be a surprising one.

It's surprising because I like it. It's surprising if we ever met in real life because I like running now, and the only think I liked that didn't involve sitting down or a bedroom three months ago was snowboarding. And I'm learning to cook and learning about food!

So, this is a blog about learning all that (and not, despite the high recurrence of 'I' in the above two paragraphs, about me). I'd say it was a blog about lifestyle change if it didn't sound a bit wanky. (It totally is about lifestyle change, though.)

Some of it will be practical stuff I've learned (REAL practical stuff for people who work a fair amount and have too many DVDs to catch up on to go foraging for rare berries). Some of it will be recipes. Some of it will be reviews or pointers to useful books, apps, products and resources. If you already know a lot about food and exercise maybe you'll sit behind your monitor shaking your head in dismay at me. If not, maybe we can all learn along together like a big fat happy hippie family.

A large chunk of it will be more general posts about losing weight and running and food, the culture around those things and how they affect you as a human being, because I think there's more to be said about all the above than nuts and bolts 'how-to' guides. Yeah, I guess there might be some bleating about 'me', too. (Sorry about that). Hopefully there will be the odd guest post, too.

In short: here's a blog about learning to be healthy and everything that comes with that. Hope you like it.

No comments:

Post a Comment